Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Familiar Ties

 About The Book:

Max West is a widower raising Phoebe, his four-year-old daughter. Phoebe has to live with the fact that the day she was born is also the day of her mother's death. As her fifth year without her mother approaches, Phoebe finds solace in her godmother, Amy Riley, and her daughter, Grace Crawford, another single parent family.

Amy Riley is a successful fashion designer who spends most of her days raising her four-year-old daughter, Grace, while her wayward boyfriend is travelling the world making the next best film. As the fifth year without her best friend looms she finds comfort in her ex-boyfriend, Max, and his daughter, Phoebe.

These two “broken” families have a tough week to face as the dreaded day approaches. However through their past, present and debatable future will their choices affect the outcome both parents clearly want and are simply denying? Or will Phoebe and Grace lose the only “whole” family they have ever known?

Author Interview:

  How did you come up with the idea for this story?
I created ‘Familiar Ties’ by looking at storylines that I loved in TV shows and then tweaked them to how I wanted them to be. I also have a love for romance and wanted to write my own love story that when how I wanted it to.
·         What books/authors have influenced your writing?
My favorite author is Jodi Picoult however she didn’t influence my writing I just love her books. There was no particular book or writer that influenced my writing as I love to read a wide range of books.
·         What were the challenges (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing your book to life?
Balancing my time between writing and studying was my hardest thing to do. However looking for publishers was also hard as I wasn’t sure if I wanted to self publish or not and then I wasn’t sure which publishers to go with as you hear about all these fake publishers so I had to be careful.
·         What was the hardest part of writing your book?
I think the editing process was hard as I found there were loads of parts that I understood as a writer however my message didn’t necessarily get across to my readers.
·         Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Follow your heart…
·         Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
English has always been my favorite subject at school so I guess it stemmed from there because writing stories was my favorite part of that class 


My Review:
 This is a book you cannot put down and won't mind missing out on sleep to be able to stay up and finish reading it! It is such a heartfelt romance book! I fell in love with not only the plot but also the characters. The writing of the book is so effortless even with the going between past and present, it had to take a lot of thought to get it to be so effortless. But ever still the author has an amazing talent for writing! This book had me smiling the whole way through it and while I was reading it just changed my mood altogether! If you are looking for an uplifting read please check out this book! I give it 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment