Monday, June 4, 2012

The Character

About The Book: 


"There is something really important you need to know about me right away. It's a secret. But I'll tell you: I only have one good memory of my dad." So begins ten-year-old Anna's story, a story of abuse that is heart breaking and often difficult to read. In the midst of intense pain, though, Anna finds hope and the will to overcome through her friendship with the mysterious storyteller Ash. An intense and ground-breaking work on a societal and familial issue that is all to often swept under the rug, "The Character" is a study of one remarkable girl and her method for overcoming a life of tragedy and pain.

My Review: 
  Honestly if I could give this book more then 5 penguins I would. It deserves at least 7! It was a very sad book but the writing is amazing and the way the story plays out is written so effortlessly.  Tiffini has a talent for writing and I am looking forward to read her other books as well! More people need to be brought aware to child abuse and I loved that this book could do this and keep readers attentions. I highly recommend this book!!! Just because 5 is the highest that I go I give it 5 even though it deserves more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment